Finished the game, and I gotta say I loved every single level! It was quite challenging, but I liked it :)
Made for the MyFirstGameJam Summer 2017!
Arrow Run is a fast-paced auto-scroller platformer made in PICO-8!
Use your platformer and aiming skills to dodge spikes, collect coins and hit targets on this retro arcade-like game!
Any and all feedback is appreciated!
How to play
- Collect all coins and hit all targets!
- Use the ARROW KEYS to move LEFT and RIGHT!
- Press Z to jump!
- Hold X to charge the bow and release it to shoot!
- You can shoot coins to collect them!
- The reach of your shot will depend on how much you hold X!
- The speed and angle of your arrow will slightly vary acording with the momentum of the player at the moment you shoot!
- While holding X you can still move and jump, so don't be afraid to hold that shot!
I will still be updating this game on the future! The biggest thing I plan to add is a procedually generated mode, where you build a high score by collecting coins and hitting targets, so missing them won't make you lose. If you want to follow the development of the game, just follow me on itch.io (guimm) or on my Twitter (@guimm12).
- Learned how to use devlogs! (also, v1.2 is out!) 10 days ago
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Wow this is a hard game. I love it. Love hate relationship with the messages it leaves for me every time I die. I love the interface.
Great game. Rather difficult, but each level is bite-sized thankfully. I wished that I could somehow hold my arrow at a particular strength because timing my jump and the arrow strength at the same time (plus avoiding spikes and parsing the next part of the level) is a lot to ask for!
Oooooh man, I am bad at platformers but this one... actually it was also difficult for me, but that's not a bad thing! I liked that it looked so simple but had all these neat mechanics.