Finished the game, and I gotta say I loved every single level! It was quite challenging, but I liked it :)
Made for the MyFirstGameJam Summer 2017!
Arrow Run is a fast-paced auto-scroller platformer made in PICO-8!
Use your platformer and aiming skills to dodge spikes, collect coins and hit targets on this retro arcade-like game!
I recommend playing on the official PICO-8 website >here<
How to play
- Collect all coins and hit all targets!
- Use the ARROW KEYS to move LEFT and RIGHT!
- Press Z to jump!
- Hold X to charge the bow and release it to shoot!
- You can shoot coins to collect them!
- Press P to pause the game.
- The reach of your shot will depend on how much you hold X!
- The speed and angle of your arrow will slightly vary acording with the momentum of the player at the moment you shoot!
- While holding X you can still move and jump, so don't be afraid to hold that shot!
With v1.3 out, I think I will not be updating this for a while. Thank you being in here though, and thank you for playing! If you want to follow my other projects or whatever I do next just check my Twitter (@guimm12). Cheers!
- v1.3 is out! (Probably no more updates for a while)Sep 03, 2017
- Learned how to use devlogs! (also, v1.2 is out!)Aug 07, 2017
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Wow this is a hard game. I love it. Love hate relationship with the messages it leaves for me every time I die. I love the interface.
Great game. Rather difficult, but each level is bite-sized thankfully. I wished that I could somehow hold my arrow at a particular strength because timing my jump and the arrow strength at the same time (plus avoiding spikes and parsing the next part of the level) is a lot to ask for!
Oooooh man, I am bad at platformers but this one... actually it was also difficult for me, but that's not a bad thing! I liked that it looked so simple but had all these neat mechanics.